A 3 Day mega festival, ‘SOCH 2010′ at the School of Communication Studies, Panjab University Chandigarh was another event that Teesort was proud to be associated with. As the official T-shirt partner for this one of a kind festival held from 25th-27th October 2010 he SOCH, the students were adorned with red Teesort Tees all throughout. Their youthful energy and the pulsating spirits have pumped us up to keep doing better; therefore, giving you more reasons to buy us, wear us and hug us.
Keep an eye on your newspapers as Teesort gears up for more action!
A lot of mental and physical exercise goes behind the designing and printing of one Teesort. Our creative team consists of graphic designers, artists and printers who bring their heads together to bring out that one unique piece of style from the computer screens into your wardrobes.
As a buyer, we make every effort to make your shopping experience most satisfying and valuable in terms of quality and money. Every Teesort has a story and this article will try to take you beyond what you get as final product. It shall focus on how Teesorts are printed and what kind of technology is used to bring out that brilliant idea into reality.
Screen printing: Screen printing is also a stencil method of print making in which a design is imposed on a screen of silk or other fine mesh, with blank areas coated with an impermeable substance, and ink is forced through the mesh onto the printing surface. It is also known as Screen Printing, silkscreen, seriography, and serigraph.
Advantages: Good For Large Areas, Low cost for larger quantities
Disadvantages: Not economical for small orders requiring more than one colour
Heat Transfer printing: The popularity of polyester fabrics has led to the development of a completely new form of printing termed heat transfer printing, which prints the pattern on paper with carefully selected dyes. The paper is then applied to the fabric by passing the two together through a type of hot calender, and the pattern is transferred from one to the other. Heat transfer printing is clean and environmentally safe, which makes it appealing in today’s health and safety conscience work environments. There are no suspect liquid by-products. The only by product is paper. Heat Transfer printing is the primary element in apparel manufacturing operations utilizing the increasingly popular agile manufacturing. It is the perfect medium for the demands of today’s marketplace – short run and sample production.
Advantages: Ideal for small quantities, cheaper set up, great for large number of print colours, available with same day dispatch
Disadvantages: Appearance not as popular as screen print, Can only be printed onto white garments
CAD cut/ Vinyl transfer: Vinyl transfers also called CAD cut that primarily focuses on offering support for colour layering; allowing designers to use multiple colours and produce high quality final prints. The process is centered on embellishing a garment. To use it will require a vinyl cutter which allows you to cut out a logo or design from a specific sheet. This process is known as “weeding. The design is then pressed through usual heat transfer and silicone paper.
Advantages: Ideal for small quantities, cheaper set up, available with same day dispatch, long lasting
Disadvantages: appearance is not as popular as screen print , can only be used for single colour prints
Sublimation printing: Sublimation is typically used to print on to light coloured synthetic surfaces. It’s the process of ink turning directly in to gas under heating and this makes for a relatively improved output as opposed to traditional heat transfer printing. However the cost of producing the T-shirt can go up due to the low demand of synthetic fabric.
Direct to garment (DTG): Instead of first printing your photo or design onto transfer paper and then applying it to the garment with a heat press, DTG printing machines print directly onto the garment. This results in a fantastically high quality print and maximum detail, even on complex full colour designs
Advantages: Ideal for small quantities, great for multi-coloured prints, available with same day dispatch, better quality than screen printing, can print onto any colour of garment
Next time, I shall talk about the different styles of T-shirts and a bit about how they originated. It would be interesting to know how a T-shirt originated as a vest and went onto become an individual garment! Hasn’t it travelled a long journey!?
Indian summers are to die for…err, the pun is very much intended. At the same time, it
gives enormous opportunity to flaunt the best of your summer collection. And Indian men
are no way behind in showing off their casual best! Be it a lazy day in the sofa with a cold
beer and a video game or a night out with your friends at a pub. Who says casual can’t be
Here are some quick tips for those who struggle to dress up for those special occasions. Ladies you can take notes for your man who needs overhauling
1) Meeting your girl: Your closet is all jumbled up and you can’t find that perrrrfect
T-shirt to show up in front of your girl friend!? Crisis! How about a well fitted
denims with our “cigarette protection” Teesort? A bold yet responsible message is
sure to send her signals of you being a “gentleman” when it comes to dirty talking!
2) An evening with friends: you sure want to stand out among your friends and
follow the lead when it comes to wearing the most expensive brands! But
fashion need not be expensive. Don’t stress yourself and your pocket and go
easy on what is comfy for you and your budget. Get together at a pub, a movie
or a game of snooker, all you ask for is a full on claptrap masti. Go for baggy
jeans, a loose fitted “I like nonsense” Teesort, adorned with 3-4 bracelets or a
junky necklace. Don’t forget to wet messed up hair to complete you funky look!
3) Summer picnic: Aah the much desired picnic in the hills with your college gang or
family is all that you ask for on a boring steaming Sunday. Don’t dress like a rock
star or you could feel out of place. Keep it simple with a khaki cargos, 3/4ths or
shorts with a “wildlife” or “environment friendly” Teesort and a check scarf around your neck. Get into slip-
ons or colourful hawaii’s for that fun run!
4) Partying at home: Change is the best way to beat your boredom, be it your look
or a boring day at work! Calling your friends over for a dinner, get out of your
stuffed ties and laced shoes and show them the other side of your personality.
Be open to experimenting with colours if you’ve always kept it grey or white.
The compliments will start pouring like never before. But avoid over doing it
or else you could land up in a circus jive. Opt for olive or military greens to
start with and gradually switch to crimson red, electric blues or a multi colour.
5) Nightwear: How about sleeping in your favourite worn out Tees which you still
don’t wish to part with! That’s the most comfy attire one can ever sleep in. Never
throw away your tattered shirts, T-shirts or pants. Take a scissors and try cutting
your old pants into shorts, give you Tee a jazzed look with cuts here and there. Try
it if you don’t believe me!
6) Gym it: The most dramatic improvement you can make in your style is to
make sure everything fits. Most guys wear clothes that are too large. Make sure
everything you wear is almost hugging the curves of your body – without being
tight. Certain casual statements can be made with flaunting your fitness freak!
Go for semi formal attire with a fitted Tee, formal trousers and make that lasting
impression with classy semi formal shoes.
Last but not the least, take your girl shopping with you. Women are a natural when
it comes to fashion sense! or log onto www.teesort.com for a hassle free shopping spree!
Bad dressing is equally injurious as too much smoking or unsafe S** could be. Avoid making a total fool of yourself at the most important occasions in an attempt to stand out of the crowd. You could be gathering the entire glare for all the wrong reasons.
1) Tight tapered pants or jeans are super no for ‘men’. Spare them for slender girls. Please get out of them right away, throw them out of your closet or donate them for good. They were never meant for macho men and look awfully stuck on your butt, making you and the on-lookers equally uncomfortable.
2) Bell bottoms: Spare the horror of not letting go of you bell bottoms or boot cuts. Those fashioners who claim they are back in the tinsel town, do not listen to them. Bell bottoms make your thighs and butts look heavier and take away your perfect shape. Thinner men, beware of them.
3) Thick soled shoes: oops, do they even count as an accessory? I say no! There are better ways of looking taller than adding heals under your boots. They look ridiculous and women hate it!
4) Ill fitted loose suits: dump them, bin them or even tailor them. Ill fitted long suits with pleated pants are ancient and make you look sloppy and a nervous wreck.
5) Cut down on gold jewellery: Gold jewellery is not classy for men. Gold bracelets, watches, studded rings and metallic chains are such a turn off. But if you like outdates sunglasses
6) Popped collars: Don’t behave like a wannabe dude. Popped up collars are NOT cool statement. They make you look like a jerk and a total loser. Be trendy but sophisticated at the same time.
7) Printed shorts: The other day I spotted a man with turquoise blue shorts and white floral prints out on the streets in broad day light! What a disaster..Stick to khakis, nude colours, blacks or greys with coloured stripes at the most!
8) Blond streaks/highlights: Black or natural brown hair are back in fashion. But if you still like to add a tinge of colour, go for a mix of light brown or dark crimson shade.
9) Grown nails: don’t even think about growing your little figure nail and decorating it with a cheeky red paint! Its utter debauch.
Here are the next 2 (Final) images fellas…All the best!
Blow the bugles, flutter the pompoms……here we come with the first leg of the Golden Kick Contest. Just identify the football stars in the pictures above and scribble your answers in the comments below but remember to register to our Website before you join the pool. One lucky winner grabs a Free huggable Tee through lucky draw..
Good luck teesorters
Teesort team has been working behind the scenes to bring you better quality of products and services along with channelising more options for frank and lively interactions among our customers and fans.
We recently gave a cuddly tagline to our brand, thanks to our creative team who understands the philosophy and ‘feel’ of our brand so well. We call our Teesort Tees as ‘huggable’ Tees since they are created with a lot of warmth and passion in order to give it an exclusivity and style that you deserve to sport. So they sure are worth your cuddle. Check out our latest designs at www.teesort.com or our Facebook fan page.
Also this June, we are about to bring you a lot of opportunities to interact, participate, earn money, win prizes and wear your favourite ‘hugs’ to beat the heat. We’ll keep you posted about hows and the whens very soon.
We are soon going to launch a long-term contest called ‘Mad About Teesort’ to see how crazy a fan are you! And before we start revealing more about the contest, all you have to do is register yourself at http://www.teesort.com/account/signup.htm
The Do’s and Don’ts
- No entries shall be allowed to participate without registering.
- The registration closes 10th June 2010.
- Anyone who has a creative talent or who has a hobby like singing, writing, poetry, painting etc. is welcome on board. If you have a unique talent which you would like to display, be our guest!
- You have to be able to show us your madness for Teesort
- Entires are welcome regardless of the age or gender.
- The contest will start on our Facebook page from 11th June 2010.
- Prizes worth 15000 will be given away
We’ll keep you updated about the other details of the contest soon. Till then, Keep voting for your favourite designs coz you deserve to get those exclusive ”Teesort hugs’
Haven’t had a word with all of you since quite some time now. You know, writing to you seems like a nice refreshing coffee break in between the maddening pressure at work. I hope all you guys are having a great time with Teesort and if you thought our jollity has dampened with the T20 World Cup being put to rest, then you surely are mistaken!
Teesort is undergoing an overhaul of image and services. It is going to become more chic with fresh Tees on board, more user friendly website and a more interactive Facebook page. Very soon, we shall introduce the shopping and voting segments on the Facebook leaf itself for you to enjoy our services even more without any hassle. You would be able to skim through our latest entries, like them, leave your comments or suggestions, recommend to your friends or even make a purchase – And all this through one portal.
Do you want more? You name it, we have it. We even give our valuable customer a sparkling chance to partner with us or even earn money in a few simple steps! All you have to do is suggest Teesort.com to your friends, colleagues, neighbours, cousins……and anybody who is a Facebook freak. And anytime your friend or colleague buys a tee, you earn yourself money! And if your friend’s friend also buys a tee, again you earn some money! Now dint we tell you we have a LOT in store for you?! Click on the Affiliate button on our website to know more about this in detail.
It doesn’t end here. Very soon, we are gonna bring aboard a once in a lifetime opportunity to win prizes worth Rs. 20,000 to be won!!! How, When, Where…………………you will have to breathe some patience for that.
So all you guys hang in there and stick your eyeballs to our space……just brace yourself for this exhilarating experience.
If you have any suggestions or comments, do feel free to use the space below. It will help us perform better!